Saturday, November 5, 2016

Quilty365

Over the last few months, my daily circles have slowly evolved into "monthly" circles; the excitement of making them every day dropped a bit about halfway through.
That was until we neared the end of the month, then I was playing catch up for the monthly link up at Quilty Folk. Surprisingly It was still very much enjoyable once I started, go figure. I have completed all my circles except for three. I started my circles on November 15, but I decided to power through and finish them all and be done with it.

Here are all my circles by months:

November

December

January

February

March

April

May

June

July

August

September

October

The extra circles

I try different layouts, but as you know, it was impossible to make a design with 365 blocks, so I round it up at 380; I thought it was preferable just to make a few extra circles. What's a few more when you've been making them for a year?

Here is a rough sketch of my layout (the center isn't quite accurate but, I didn't feel like drawing another one). Just to give you an idea of what I am aiming for.


I played with three different shades of red for my circle's background. The lighter ones will be placed in the center, then the med red around the middle section and the darker ones, all the way around the outside. Hope this comes together nicely.


I just can't wait to put all my blocks together, it's been a while since the last time I've played with them but, that will have to wait for now. I won't be back in FL until the beginning of December, and I have a couple of quilts I would love to finish for Christmas first.

Stay tuned!


Linking up with Audrey at QuiltyFolk





11 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see them all together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! I apologize, I didn't see your comment right away; somehow it wasn't forwarded to my email, strange!?! I am answering here; I hope you see this!

      Delete
  2. I too am looking forward to seeing the finished layout. I love that red background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be such an amazing quilt. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are wonderful Maryse. I'm looking forward to seeing your completed quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! These are so impressive. I can hardly wait to see them come together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on completing all your circles! Looking forward to seeing your completed top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking really good, I don't know if I would have the patience for doing them for a year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of your quilt blocks, especially the red background! What shade/brand of red did you use and have you had any trouble with reds bleeding? I would love to make a red and white quilt but can't seem to find one that doesn't bleed a lot. Thanks Maryse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your red background and all the fun fabrics you've used. You've done well to keep it up for a year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your circles look so stunning against the red background. I love the variety of fabrics you used Maryse! The "M" made me smile.

    ReplyDelete